Director - Brand and Events Marketing
About the Role
We are looking to hire a strategic, creative and data driven marketer to build and execute the brand and events marketing strategy for Myntra. This person will lead Myntra’s brand and events marketing team which is responsible for strategizing and executing Myntra’s marketing plans to enable disproportionate growth, create brand love and drive high customer engagement, and ensure that Myntra continues to be the go-to destination for fashion and lifestyle in India.
- Design the overall marketing strategy to strengthen the Myntra brand, build on brand equity and deliver on business goals. Formulate the annual marketing calendar and outline the marketing plans (ATL + BTL with a strong digital focus)
- Focus on various consumer groups including GenZ and various platform offerings including Stylecast
- Arrive at a consumer validated brand and events communication strategy for Myntra. Identify and formulate the key pillars of the overall strategy for the year that will help develop a differentiated brand and events story and deliver on platform metrics that marketing is responsible for
- Guide the team to work closely with the internal research team to unearth actionable communication insights for brand and events communication strategy
- Be a strategic advisor to the team and external creative agency by providing support to elevate creative strategy and challenge traditional thinking around the category, consumer and creative context. Work with the team on formulating 360 degree creative development for brand and events charter (Offline, Online, Social, PR, Content and Partnerships)
- Design overall media marketing mix for the campaign optimizing for ROI and driving efficiencies
- Lead the team to plan and execute innovative marketing campaigns for brand and events charter
- Work with analytics teams to define campaign performance metrics, track performance during campaign and work with the team to derive post campaign learnings and formulate future course of action
- Responsible for internal stakeholder management, making presentations, building narratives and approving strategic marketing directions with leadership
- Partner closely with the HR team on talent mapping, recruitment and leadership training to build the marketing team and muscle needed to lead future growth
Qualifications & Experience:
- 10-13 years of relevant work experience managing marketing strategy with team management experience. Bonus to have e-commerce experience.
- Strong knowledge of traditional and emerging brand planning & activation principles (i.e., positioning, consumer insights, communication, end to end project management, etc.)
- Strong creative bent of mind, with ability to generate ideas to drive brand awareness and visibility
- Strong data-driven decision making skills, with demonstrated ability to dive deep into customer data and translate insights into opportunities.
- Cross functional team management skills to liaison with both external agencies and internal stakeholders
- Experience of working in an unstructured environment, entrepreneurial in nature
- Strong communication and presentation skills with keen business acumen.
- Empathetic, patient and open-minded to the viewpoints of others in order to build and support team collaboration. Ability to mold and add to overall team development and growth
- Self-motivated, open to learning with an extremely positive attitude