The fashion curation team is currently responsible for 1) defining and owning the fashion and trend direction for selection shaping across all fashion brand units & categories, working across business, merchandising categories, marketing, revenue + growth, creative + catalogue, data science and product tech teams. 2) Creating a competitive moat based on trend informed fashion expertise, curated selection and differentiated platform experience.
Roles & Responsibilities
This role will manage the fashion curation charter on Myntra for the BPC charter. It brings together the art and science of buying, selection and merchandising experience. It requires a keen understanding of fashion customer preferences, global and Indian trends, to collaboratively build and deliver a distinctive selection experience on the platform, in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to take a customer first approach on trends, selection and experience development. • Ability to influence selection direction for the categories where trends need to be considered. • Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Methodical thinking, analytical skills with good presentation hygiene.
- Superior stakeholder management skills with an ability to influence decisions and drive innovations across platforms.
- Ability to multi-task and lead a high potential team through daily planning and execution.
A: Selection and Curation (35%)
- Execute the trend vision from a fashion perspective ensuring we are always the first to be highly curated and differentiated in our selection and storytelling. Responsible for design research, fashion and trend forecasting.
- Influence buying/selection - seasonal trend decks for all teams – in partnership with category leads, resulting in higher consideration and sales across BAU/ Events and Season launches.
B: Team management and cross-functional collaboration (35%)
- Manage the team to deliver on monthly curation operations and deliverables. • Responsible for seasonal trend research, cadence calendars and event SOPs. • Responsible for advising and mentoring top brands. Responsible for performance of existing trend widgets and new trend properties. • Work closely with categories X brand SPOCs during the pre-season buying activities to build an assortment that is relevant to our audiences at all points in time.
- Partner with growth, product tech and data science teams on feature and program solutions and performance results that impact fashion curation.
- Partner with the catalogue team to lead on global fashion directions based on selection inputs and differentiation goals. E.g.: Women’s Fashion/Men’s Premium etc.
C: Trend consumer and experience (30%)
- Work closely with the growth and marketing teams to execute elevated experience for events and BAU.
- Study the consumer journey, develop persona and page designs for the fashion markets. • Understand the gaps in selection trends on the platform, and work with the categories to plug the selection and storytelling gaps.
- Work with the Curation Director on:
- Developing plan to drive engagement and conversations that address key subcultures: Sneaker hoods, K-pop’s etc.
Senior Manager - Curation life.myntra.com
- Identify strategic experience spaces for program development.
- Prioritize them with business on growth, opportunity size and customer metrics especially driving NCA, X-sell.
- Deliver on program execution and track performance metrics.
Qualifications & Experience
Multi-hyphenate with 7-10 years of international brand design, buying and merchandising experience. Cross-functional understanding of fashion design, development, platform experience in the Beauty, Home or Jewelry space. Fashion graduate degree with marketing or product experience or business graduate with fashion start-up experience would be preferred. Valid Indian passport. May require domestic and international travel. Bangalore- based.