Myntra Data Science team delivers a large number of data science solutions for the company which are deployed at various customer touch points every quarter. The models create significant revenue and customer experience impact. The models involve real-time, near-real-time and offline solutions with varying latency requirements. The models are built using massive datasets. You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive ecommerce platform. You’ll also get to learn the intricacies of building models that serve millions of requests per second at sub second latency.
This is a delivery and people manager role where you will be guiding scientists to develop highly scalable ML models that power the customer experience across the Myntra app. You will manage a team of 5-6 high performing scientists and enable them to deliver business impact through ML models.
- A postgraduate degree (Master’s or PhD) in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research or Mathematics from reputed institutions
- Good exposure and command in one or more of the topics, such as Information Retrieval, NLP, Computer Vision, Recommender Systems or Search. Depth in one of these areas along with good breadth in general ML is expected.
- Good understanding of fundamentals of computer science. Data structures, algorithms, coding, python libraries, compute infrastructure, and efficient processing of large datasets.
- Well versed with Python ( Java - optional)
- 8+ years of experience of which at least 3 years leading teams to build high impact ML models in industry
- Demonstrable depth and width of problem solving
- Ability to interact with stakeholders such as product managers, program managers, engineering & business teams
- Interest in solving e-commerce problems that deliver business value
- Genuine interest in growing high performing ML teams
- We are an applied ML team with a very open and hierarchy-free culture when it comes to discussing ideas and solutions
- We hold each other to high standards and believe in an innovation focused culture
- We don’t stop at ideas but create scalable implementations that deliver A/B tested benefit to the organization
- We publish in leading ML, NLP and CV conferences (SIGIR, RecSys, KDD, ICML, ICCV, CVPR, ACL, NAACL) and have also filed several patents