The Personal care category is one of the focused categories of the platform which is poised
for tremendous growth in terms of business and team structure. Beauty and Personal Care is a
pivotal bet for Myntra in the years to come and hence a place full of exciting opportunities
and great learning.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• We are looking for a Category manager to look after luxury beauty category and
thereby manage the brands that fall under these categories
• You will be the one responsible for the pricing and overall promotion of a product
category to maximize consumer appeal. Relationships with vendors and product range
management will also be part of this.
• The role requires to have experience in understanding consumer needs and the retail
environment and also requires to have a commercial mindset and full comprehension
of marketing and sales principles.
• The goal is to increase sale and profitability of the assigned business to drive
• You must anticipate customer needs and incorporate the same in the road map for the
• This is a high-impact role and needs a candidate with a self-starter mindset, creative
problem solving and proven data analysis skills
• Actively pursue category management through vendor management, pricing,
inventory management and sale optimization for the category and thereby for a group
of products/brands falling under the assigned category
• Scaling the brands and the category on the platform with continuous work across
selection, catalogue, marketing etc.
• Getting involved with commercial closures to work towards a P&L view of the
business and the category
• Build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors.
• Liaise with pricing and marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and
promotional activities for a product category.
• Manage inventory levels to maximize sales, procuring additional stock, and getting
rid of excess or unwanted inventory.
• Stay updated on industry trends and market competitions on Beauty and personal care
Qualifications & Experience
• 3-5 Years of Experience in category management
• Experience with E-commerce/Offline Partners preferred
• High Bias for Action & hunger for growth
• Great communication skills
• Stakeholder management skills
• Proven ability to negotiate
• Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
• Conflict resolution across cross functional teams
• Strong data analytical skills
• Strong MS Excel & power-point skills
• Understanding of Buying, Planning and Inventory Management