VP- Data Science
Myntra’s technology teams build the platform that empowers our customers’ shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our customers’ doorsteps. We work on areas such as building massive-scale web-applications, engaging user-interfaces, big-data analytics, mobile apps, workflow systems, inventory-management etc. We are a small technology team where each individual has a huge impact. You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive ecommerce platform.
You will be a part of Data Science Team
Myntra Data Science team delivers a large number of data science solutions for the company which are deployed at various customer touch points every quarter. The models create significant revenue and customer experience impact. The models involve real-time, near-real-time and offline solutions with varying latency requirements. The models are built using massive datasets. The candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive ecommerce platform.
- Technical Guidance: You will provide technical leadership to the team, this requires that you have the technical depth to make complex design decisions and the hands-on ability to lead by example.
- Execution and Delivery: You will be expected to instill and follow good software development practices and ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Team management: You will be responsible for hiring and mentoring your team; helping individuals grow in their careers, having a constant dialogue about their aspirations and sharing prompt, clear and actionable feedback about performance.
- Collaboration: Collaborating closely with others in the organization to ensure that the products we build will delight our customers; this includes working closely with product managers, designers, engineering leaders, and stakeholders in other departments.
- Leadership: As a company growing at high speed, you will be expected to lead the team through uncertainties and changes in scale and organization. Often, requirements will be fuzzy, and you will be expected to bring clarity to such situations.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Leadership skills: Relevant MS/ PhD (CS/EE/Math/Stat/etc) and 20-25 years of total experience. Strong expertise in Data Science, Machine Learning and Analytics, backed by demonstrable experience of building data-driven solutions for solving complex business problems. Critical thinking and fundamental approach in problem solving.
- Execution abilityFocus on delivering products in a timely manner with high quality. Familiarity with multiple software development practices and tools, and the proven ability to adapt, champion and institute good practices and tools.
- Understanding of Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer vision techniques,Transformers, Transfer Learning, Graph Learning, etc