Roles and Responsibilities
The Manager - Employee Relations and Compliance will be responsible for advising and consulting the business team, HR and employees on various employee relations issues, including but not limited to employment law, employee counseling, violations of policy, involuntary terminations, interpretation and administration of corporate human resources policies and procedures.
- Manage end to end investigations for Disciplinary, Performance issues based on principles of natural justice.
- Ensure all investigations are completed in time and outcome/ sanctions are effectively communicated to all the stakeholders within the defined timelines.
- Resolve and provide guidance for employee relations issues.
- Guide the HRBP/managers with the flow of the investigations wherever required. • Analyze and review the policies and processes and keep abreast with changing employment law landscape
- Assist in managing HR process audits and compliance related aspects
- Manage Performance cases and assist the Ethics team/Internal Committee/employer for POSH related cases
- Manage employee related disciplinary proceedings, grievances and legal issues • Collaborate with HRBPs to resolve all employee disciplinary issues in accordance with defined policies (integrity issues, sexual harassment, insubordination, falsification of documents, performance improvement plans etc.)
- Assist and manage grievance redressal mechanisms as per the company policies and also define and review existing policies as applicable to keep them updated
- Assist in deployment of training programs for HR teams, line managers for Prevention of sexual harassment, code of conduct and other policies to enhance the ER know-how and competency levels in the organization
- Assist in managing awareness programs/trainings being conducted at sites as per a defined timeline
- Analyze data on training programs and all compliance related data
- Assist in managing regulatory compliance related matters
- Drafting the Disciplinary letters like- Warning letters, Termination letters, etc. and sharing it with the HRBP within the agreed SLA.
- Maintaining ER case records and issuance of the letters, liasioning with internal teams like HR Ops, legal, Ethics, Central training team
- Conducting ER trainings
Qualifications & Experience
- Education- Qualification in Law / MBA in HR with 5-6 years of minimum experience in HR with exposure in Employee relations as a specialization.
- Good knowledge of employment laws and regulations
- Proven track record of managing complex employee relations matters
- Ability to identify, analyze/evaluate, and resolves ER issues and provides consultation to management.
- Listening, negotiation, and analytical skills necessary for coaching and counselling managers and employees.