SM Category Planning
The proposed position is that of “SM - Category Planning” for Accessories & LTA category which is expected to be in Top 3 categories in terms of growth & Inventory heavy. The planning head will lead along with another team member reporting to him will work with the category team to drive key merchandising and strategic decisions that influence the category.
- Work with the category teams to build a bottom up AOP/MOP for the portfolio across key financial matrices
- Actively participate in building and executing strategy for above mentioned categories.
- Build seasonal buy plans (Both Merchandise Financial Plan & Assortment Plan) to drive key buying decisions
- Carry out monthly planning process to realign sales and intake plan.
- Manage Open to Buy and inward capacity for the category
- Monitor assortment health across key matrices and drive necessary corrections to maximize conversions
- Drive strategic projects working in cross functional team to improve key business processes.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in category planning for online or offline retail business
- MBA from Tier-1 B-School (4+ Experience), Tier-2 B-School (6+ Experience)
- Exceptional analytical & problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and ability to make data-backed decisions
- Self-directed focus and ability to prioritize within an ambiguous environment
- Ability to execute and follow through on high-quality output, with limited oversight
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and influence/rally/align them towards a common org/business goal
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong people management capabilities.