Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible to undertake new product development and pre/post production
merchandising activities, adhering to brand calendar, for both knits & woven products,
across active/lifestyles categories.
- Responsible for Myntra Fashion Brands product development management system across
1. Understand brand requirements wrt seasonal calendar.
2. Create a pipeline of new products, scanning vendor and mill capabilities
3. Initiate product developments & manage end to end product Lifecyle management
- Sound communication skills and proven ability to proactively work with internal and
external stakeholders ( design, buying, operation, vendor partners), and effectively execute
all merchandising activities to achieve KPIs.
- Identify and refresh seasonal library of product components, fits, and vendor sources.
- Strong knowledge of textile/apparel manufacturing process, material & functional aspects of
garments, garment construction methods, finishes, International/domestic apparel sourcing
costs, quality, product safety and vendor management tools and processes.
- Advanced skills in using MS tools : Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and ability to learn new
applications enabling product lifecycle management process.
- Must have good rational approach, and capable to understand working process quickly.
Trouble shoot problems, prevent/resolve issues that will impact on product quality, cost or
- Monitor WIP order tracking activities to ensure on time deliveries, adhering to quality
- Visual acuity for analysing samples and color.
- Effective time management skills, ability to work under pressure, adhere to strict timelines,
manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and work extended hours if necessary.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3-5 years of proven work experience in apparel product development and sourcing.
- Understanding of textile and apparel market segments and keen eye for detailing .
- Familiar with apparel sourcing terms, vendor management and negotiation tools .
- Ability to implement new development projects, gain stakeholder support & collaborate .
- Ability to handle numbers , budgets and gather market intelligence from source base.
- Needs to have relevant professional degree & certifications from established institutions
- A team player, meticulous, transparent, and process driven.