About the role
The role will criss-cross both Myntra and Flipkart and will come with high visibility within both groups. Within the ambit of the role, you’ll be single handedly driving the growth charter for Flipkart Private brands, International license brands as well as the iconic Myntra Private brands, leveraging Flipkart as the platform.
A large part of Flipkart BU growth as far as categories are concerned is through the management and development of merchandising properties. Ever since Flipkart's migration to a marketplace model, there has been a keen focus on the scientific allocation of merchandising space for the growth of respective categories. The incumbent will be given sole responsibility for growth of an extended portfolio, and will thereby be expected to grow the category as far as growth objectives are concerned.
About the team
Flipkart fashion team consists of categories like Men’s clothing, Women's clothing ( Divided into Ehnic wear and Western wear),Kids clothing, Footwear (men’s & women’s), Accessories ( Men’s and Women). We provide a wider range of selection to the customers,better price points and customer problem solving . Today, the Flipkart group in Fashion today is close to 25000 Cr. business. This team will be responsible for driving growth for Flipkart Private labels, License brands and Myntra’s HoB brand portfolio within FK ecosystem.
What you’ll do:
Traffic & Merchandising Planning
- Knowing what worked and what didn’t forms the center-piece for success in this role. A very detailed and smart approach to data analytics allows you to see patterns and insights that create a compelling vision of growth and a disproportionate view share allocation within the platform
- Budgeting for Merchandising properties, along with exact traffic requirements and tracking that every day to find wins & gaps and fixing gaps through identification of new experiments and opportunities is a critical skill in this role.
- Know the customer: Deeply understand customer behaviour, develop new customer insights
- Own the business: Co-own the P&L, develop the business model, understand where opportunities are and create a viable business to service them
- Know the market: Stay on top of trends in an ever-changing landscape, find opportunities and prioritize based on size, internal capabilities, etc.
- Know the competition: Understand on-line and off-line players. Ensure Flipkart selection stays well ahead of the competition
- Influence the leadership: Convert strategies into action by liaising with cross-functional leadership and drive the changes required
- Develop deep and long standing relationship with the stakeholders - internal and external - to drive relationships from the strategic to the tactical, long term and short term
- Own the terms of business with the stakeholders- products, returns, ordering, etc.
- Ensure high-share of traffic from the central teams. Build deep relationships driven on alignment of platform objectives
- Make partners in driving disruptive changes for the category
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the FK demand side ecosystem - short term hacks and structural interventions for performance improvements
- Have an in depth knowledge of Lifestyle category inclusions and M3 and ability to influence the system through A/B initiatives
- Develop and implement industry best practices. move the industry with you!
Selection and Offers
- Own ROI & cost improvement metrics and overall portfolio management for topline, units, traffic and growth
- Manage on-platform design, promotions along with brands - make category team partners in stakeholder communication
- Make FFO the “destination of choice” for the traffic allocation through the best optimized use of resources offered
- Drive portfolio management for best offers and discounts for the customers
Purchasing and Inventory
- Be aware of Old and New stock levels before arriving at decisions to allocate on-platform merch allocations
- Develop and manage an allocation strategy with the brands to ensure best selection along with best returns
What you’ll need:
- Educational background – Graduation, MBA from Tier 1 Institute
- Knowledge of e-commerce platforms, Retail, consumer goods industry is a plus
- Desire and ability to think like the customer
- Ability to translate strategies into execution plans and take them to completion
- Highly analytical
- Willing to take calculated risks to grow the category
- Excellent verbal and written communication with interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of technology and business
- Must be willing to learn
- Ability to connect with people across teams & levels
- Strong bias for Action - Flipkart group works at a very rapid pace