This position will lead a team of 2 people and will work with the category/business finance/Other teams to drive key merchandising and strategic decisions that influence the category P&L.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with the category teams to build a bottom up AOP for the portfolio across key financial metrices
- Actively participate in building and executing strategy for BPC.
- Build seasonal buy plans (Both Merchandise Financial Plan & Assortment Plan, whichever applicable) to drive key buying decisions
- Carry out monthly planning process to realign sales and intake plan.
- Manage Open to Buy and inward capacity for the category.
- Monitor assortment health across key matrices and drive necessary corrections to maximize conversions.
- Drive strategic projects working in cross functional team to improve key business processes.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in category planning for online or offline retail business
- MBA from Tier-1 B-School (4+ Experience), Tier-2 B-School (6+ Experience)
- Exceptional analytical & problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and ability to make data-backed decisions
- Self-directed focus and ability to prioritize within an ambiguous environment
- Ability to execute and follow through on high-quality output, with limited oversight
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and influence/rally/align them towards a common org/business goal
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong people management capabilities.
- Should be highly proficient in Excel; Knowledge of automating processes and reports is preferred