Myntra’s Engineering team builds the technology platform that powers our customer’s shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our customers' doorsteps. We build the best mobile apps ( top apps on Play and App Store ) and e-commerce site, Scale our systems more than 25 times the normal traffic for sale days , build engaging network of brands, influencers and customers delivering best fashion products and content to them, build complex algorithms to predict fashion trends and optimise routes the products take from the warehouse to the customers the fastest possible way and much much more. You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing and tech savvy organisation, working on latest open source tech stack and frameworks as we develop, mature & scale these systems to be best in class and meet our growing demands, gain exposure to all aspects of fashion business and truly shape all the parts of a comprehensive e-commerce and fashion tech platform.
You will be a part of: Supply Chain Management (Outbound)
The SCM engineering at Myntra-Jabong operates within two distinct verticals: Supply-chain Outbound (Order acceptance & orchestration, Inventory, Promise, Warehousing/Logistics/Mktplace Fulfilment & Customer Care systems) & Supply-chain Inbound (Planning, Buying, Selection, Pricing, Catalog, Partner Experience systems).
- Drive the architecture of Myntra’s SCM Outbound platforms to business results.
- Be a visible leader to drive and own the architecture and design of some of the most advanced & complex software systems / products in the industry to create company wide impact
- Help build, mentor and coach a team of very talented Engineers, Leads, Architects, Quality Engineers, System Operations and DevOps Engineers in architectural and design best practices & engineering methodologies.
- Be an operational and technical leader with a passion for distributed systems, cloud service development, deployment and delivery. Accountable for solutioning, design, architecture, for the ease of evolution, quality of the systems, performance, scalability, availability characteristics, NFRs and limitations of the systems. Should be willing to be hands-on and spend time actively developing parts of the systems.
- Envision and develop the long-term architectural direction, with emphasis on platforms/ reusable components while adopting a nimble delivery process. Establish structures and processes that ensure a high level of quality and reliability and extensibility of deliverables
- Drive the creation of next generation extensible web, mobile and fashion commerce platforms, security protocols, customisation and tools to support continuous scaling, internationalisation and platform extensions.
- Drives code and design reviews of components / systems / products in scope and drives the architectural governance for them
- Set directional paths for the teams/department for adoption of new technology stacks for solving business problems
- Be a very visible representative of multiple technology domains and represent Myntra in external technical forums
- Work with product management, business stakeholders and other engineering leaders to help define mid-term, long-term roadmaps and shape business directions
- Initiate and deliver leadership training within the engineering organisation, including training new managers, and drive the growth of leaders to create a strong leadership bench.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A solid engineer at heart with excellent abstraction, coding and system design skills
- A proven track record of leading the architecture and delivery in an e-commerce ecosystem within a high growth & matrix environment
- Successfully architected and led technology for enterprise or supply chain products in the global market along with being an efficient proficient problem-solver who envisions business and technical perspectives to develop workable solutions.
- Must have exposure to leading product development end-end (portfolio to delivery, re-architectures) and developing systems & web applications from scratch.
- Strong hands-on technology experience building and running large scale systems handling multi-million sessions/transactions per day.
- Solid experience in large scale Database systems like Rdbms & NoSQL stores
- Strong design/development experience in building massively large scale distributed internet systems and products.
- Excellent programming skills in Java/GoLang and expertise in multi-threading and performance oriented programming.
- Solid experience in distributed systems, highly scalable products, performance & reliability.
- Excellent understanding of processing platforms, microservices architecture and async message processing using queues.
- Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader cutting edge technologies around server side development in Java.
- Must have a degree in Computer Science or related field. Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, concurrency, resilience, fault tolerance and fundamentals of computer-science.
- 14 years of experience in software product development.