Tech Lead (Software Engineer)—Cloud Platform Engineering
Myntra’s Engineering team builds the technology platform that empowers our customers’ shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our customers’ doorsteps. We work on areas such as building massive-scale web-applications, engaging user-interfaces, big-data analytics, mobile apps, workflow systems, inventory management, etc. We are a small technology team where each individual has a huge impact. You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive e-commerce platform.
About The Team
Cloud Platform Engineering(CPE) group is responsible for developing and managing platforms that allow Myntra’s tech product to be deployed and run at scale. The CPE team builds and maintains centralized and high-scale platforms for sophisticated application security frameworks, log collection, monitoring systems, access management, secret management, database access, change management systems, build, release and deployment.
You can be part of either Tools and Platform Engineering(TPE) or Developer Productivity Engineering(DPE) team, building products and solutions in domains mentioned earlier. You will develop distributed solutions with service oriented architecture to build high performance platforms to service India's largest selection of millions of fashion customers. Furthermore, you will build Tier-1 services to handle millions of requests per day, while maintaining response latencies in the milliseconds and meeting strict SLA requirements (high operational standards).
You will not merely go through the full software development cycle but more importantly drive appropriate technology choices for the business, lead the way for continuous innovation, and shape the future of fashion e-commerce.
- Design, build and maintain central platform products to improve the security posture of Myntra
- Write maintainable/scalable/efficient code.
- Design and architect technical solutions for the developer community at Myntra
- Work in a cross-functional team, collaborating with peers during the entire SDLC.
- Follow coding standards, code reviews, etc.
- Follow scrum sprint cycles and commitment to deadlines.
- Identify security gaps in or for software platforms and incorporate them into requirements
Minimum Skills and Experience:
- 6.5+ years experience in large scale application development
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with distributed systems handling a large amount of data.
- Experience in Python or Golang, ReactJs
- Good hands-on experience on Linux/Unix systems, Kubernetes, GraphQL, Docker
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in platform centric software development
- Good understanding of security protocols at Layer 3, Layer 4, and Layer 7
- Experience in cloud security, preferably on Azure
- Good understanding of Web Technologies
- Good understanding of NoSQL and messaging systems