Category planning team is responsible for inventory planning, and project management for the Myntra MMB portfolio. In addition category planning drives optimization of inventory availability & health through analysis & implementation of systems & processes.
Roles and responsibilities
The proposed role is for planning manager of the Accessories category which is about one-third of the retail business. The planning lead will work with the category team to drive key merchandising and strategic decisions that influence the category P&L.
- Category planner will be responsible for category specific planning activities on the following levels
- Annual / Long term plans – Identify, analyze, and interpret trends to prepare AOP (annual operating plan), assortment plans and brand seasonal buys
- Monthly / Short term plans – Create and define processes around monthly target setting, inwards capacity allocation, OTB management
- Deep data Analysis – To drive Inventory / discounting optimization across the inventory portfolio to achieve revenue/ margin targets
- KPI management – Tracking category’s key metrics, weekly/monthly/season performance review and
analytics to support category managers.
Qualifications & Experience
- BE/BTech from premium institute with previous experience in retail / e-commerce / Analytics
- Strong communication and management skills to work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in MS-Office is a must, knowledge of VBA/ SQL/ Python will be an added advantage
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment