Myntra is a dynamic work place with leapfrog opportunities to contribute, learn and grow professionally. It is a fast changing hyper growth organization which caters to daily consumer needs in fashion and constantly brings the best of fashion to India and beyond. As a true fashion authority in one of the largest online markets of the world, Myntra commands leadership in India's online fashion industry. Women's Western wear is an exciting and dynamic category at Myntra with tremendous potential for further growth & scale. The category consists of a perfect mix of big brands as well as exciting labels to work with. Being a key category, it offers great opportunities to learn & grow.
Roles & Responsibilities
- We are looking for a category manager to manage a group of brands in a portfolio & take full ownership of it.
- Role includes planning selection and inventory relevant for Myntra from across brands, devising pricing and promotion along with relevant teams across Myntra to deliver the topline and bottom line expected for the portfolio
- Manage and maintain relationships with vendors and brands
- This is a high-impact role and needs a candidate with a self-starter mindset, creative problem solving and proven data analysis skills.
- The goal is to increase sale and profitability of the assigned business to drive sustainable growth
- Actively pursue category management through vendor management, pricing, inventory management and sale optimization for the category and thereby for a group of products/brands falling under the assigned category
- Scaling the brands and the category on the platform with continuous work across selection, catalog, marketing etc
- Getting involved with commercial closures to work towards a P&L view of the business and the category
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors.
- Liaise with pricing and marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities for a product category.
- Manage inventory levels to maximize sales, procuring additional stock, and getting rid of excess or unwanted inventory.
- Help onboard new vendors/brands - business development is a must.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of experience in program/ project management and or/strategy from consumer internet companies.
- MBA from a top tier institute.
- Strong analytical and presentation capabilities (MS Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proven expertise in stakeholder management, aligning with cross-functioning teams and bringing them to a consensus.
- Sharp business acumen and problem solving skills.