Associate Architect / Architect - Backend
Myntra’s Engineering team builds the technology platform that empowers our customers’ shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our customers’ doorsteps. We work on areas such as building massive-scale web-applications, engaging user-interfaces, big-data analytics, mobile apps, workflow systems, inventory-management etc. We are a small technology team where each individual makes a huge impact. You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive ecommerce platform.
- Own the architecture of Myntra’s new product platforms to drive business results
- Be a visible leader to drive and own the architecture and design of some of the most advanced & complex software systems / products in the industry to create company wide impact.
- Help build, mentor and coach a team of very talented Engineers, Architects, Quality engineers, System Operation Engineers and DevOps engineers in architectural and design best practices.
- Be an operational and technical leader with a passion for distributed systems, cloud service development, deployment and delivery.
- Be accountable for the design, for the ease of evolution, quality of the systems, performance, scaling, and availability characteristics and limitations of the systems.
- Envision and develop the long-term architectural direction, with emphasis on platforms/ reusable components while adopting a nimble delivery process. Establish structures and processes that ensure a high level of quality and reliability and extensibility of deliverables.
- Drive the creation of next generation extensible web, mobile and fashion commerce platforms, security protocols, customisation and tools to support continuous scaling, internationalization and platform extensions
- Drive code and design reviews of components / systems / products in scope and drives the architectural governance for them
- Set directional paths for the teams/department for adoption of new technology stacks for solving business problems
- Be a very visible representative of multiple technology domains and represent Myntra in external technical forums
- Work with product management, business stakeholders and other engineering leaders to help define mid-term, long-term roadmaps and shape business directions
- Initiate and deliver leadership training within the engineering organisation, including training new managers, and drive the growth of leaders to create a strong leadership bench
Desired Skills and Experience
- 8 to 15 years of experience in software product development
- Must have a degree in Computer Science or related field
- A solid engineer at heart with excellent abstraction, coding and system design skills
- Proven track record of leading the architecture and delivery in a startup/e-commerce ecosystem within a high growth & matrix environment
- Successfully architected and led technology for consumer facing products in the global market along with being an efficient proficient problem-solver who envisions business and technical perspectives to develop workable solutions
- Must have exposure to leading product development end-end (portfolio to delivery, re-architectures)
- Strong hands-on technology experience building and running large scale systems handling multi-million sessions/transactions per day
- Solid experience in large scale Database systems like rdbms & NoSQL stores
- Strong design/development experience in building massively large scale distributed internet systems and products
- Excellent programming skills in Java/GO and expertise in multi-threading and performance oriented programming
- Solid experience in Distributed systems, highly scalable products, performance & reliability
- Excellent understanding of processing platforms and queues
- Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader cutting edge technologies around server side development in Java
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, concurrency and fundamentals of computer-science