Associate Architect - Finance Engineering
Myntra’s Engineering team builds the technology platform that empowers our customers’ shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our customers’ doorsteps. We work on areas such as building massive-scale web-applications, engaging user-interfaces, big-data analytics, mobile apps, workflow systems, inventory-management etc. We are a small technology team where each individual has a huge impact. You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive e-commerce platform.
The Finance Engineering team at Myntra builds the technology platform that manages the complete Accounting, Seller settlement, Seller payouts, GST/Tax Reporting and financial compliance systems. The team works on a number of problem statements in distributed systems, data engineering, algorithms and seamless uninterrupted payouts experience for sellers.
This role gives you an opportunity to solve interesting problems in building a Finance tech platform in the area of e-commerce. And at Myntra scale: 20M+ customers, 150K+ peak RPM, 50ms latency.
- Design and architect technical solutions for the business problems of a very large e-commerce portal.
- Research, design and build highly reliable, available and scalable platforms.
- Complete ownership of Service/Services that your team is responsible for.
- Write maintainable/scalable/efficient code, follow coding standards, unit-testing, code reviews.
- Lead by example, mentor and guide team members on everything from structured problem solving to development of best practices.
- Platformize components as libraries, utilities and services and promote reuse.
- Own large technical deliverables and execute in an exemplary way.
- Be able to conceptualize and develop prototypes quickly.
- Drive technical roadmap of the team in collaboration with Engineering and Product.
- Work in a cross-functional team, collaborating with peers during the entire SDLC.
- 10+ years of experience in building complex and scalable solutions.
- Strong object oriented design skills, ability to apply design patterns, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces.
- The ability to do deep problem solving and build elegant, maintainable solutions to complex problems.
- A “Bring It On” attitude; bias for action; self-driven, end-to-end ownership; entrepreneurial approach; focus on operational excellence; ability to work with ambiguity.
- Experience leading multi-engineer projects and mentoring junior engineers.
- Experience with full life cycle development in any programming language on a Linux platform.
- Very good understanding of one or more of RDBMS/NoSQL/Messaging/Caching technologies.
- Prior experience in working with Agile software methodologies (XP, Scrum), TDD and Continuous Integration(CI/CD) a plus.
- BE/BTech in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent) from a reputed institution.
- Experience in building large data-driven backend application design and development is a plus.
- Strong in problem solving skills, data structures and algorithms.
- Deep expertise with any or combination programming languages: Java/Scala (Strong preferred), Erlang, PHP, any object oriented high level proprietary or open source language with strong programming constructs.
- Expert level experience in building scalable, large and complex business applications using some of the above technologies and mentoring junior engineers.