Senior Engineering Manager - Engineering
Myntra’s Engineering team builds the technology platform that empowers our customers’ shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our customers’ doorsteps. We work on areas such as building massive-scale web-applications, engaging user-interfaces, big-data analytics, mobile apps, workflow systems, inventory-management etc. We are a small technology team where each individual has a huge impact. You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive ecommerce platform.
You will be a part of: Storefront (SF)
If you are enthusiastic to work on the services platform built for extremely high scale, working on cutting-edge front-end technologies and world class payments and checkout infrastructure then Myntra-Jabong storefront is the right place to be.
To manage 10s of Millions of requests each day scaling to 100s of millions of requests on high sale events Myntra-Jabong’s SF Engineering team builds the technology platform that personalizes our customer’s shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our customers’ doorstep. We work on areas such as building massive-scale mobile and web-applications, engaging user-interfaces, user personalization platform, content systems, search systems, imaging and visualization systems for products etc. We are a technology team where each individual has a huge impact and get to experience the delight of your hard labor being visible to real users. You will work closely with the business in shaping our product and serve hundreds of millions of Indians! You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing SF organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive ecommerce platform.
The SF team at Myntra-Jabong operates within distinct verticals which are (Storefront – Services Platform, Storefront Platforms for personalization & Store Channels (Client Apps)).
- Technical Guidance: You will provide technical leadership to a team of excellent software engineers; this requires that you have the technical depth to make complex design decisions and the hands-on ability to lead by example.
- Execution and Delivery: You will be expected to instill and follow good software development practices and ensure timely delivery of high-quality products. You should be familiar with agile practices as well as be able to adapt these to the needs of the business, with a constant focus on product quality.
- Team management : You will be responsible for hiring and mentoring your team; helping individuals grow in their careers, having constant dialogue about their aspirations and sharing prompt, clear and actionable feedback about performance.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Technical depth: You have the strong technical competence required to gain credibility. Ability to architect, design and code yourself. Technical experience in building and operating web-based applications. Deep understanding of all layers of the web-stack work (from the client interface to the database.) Knowledge of multiple technology stacks/languages/tools and their pros/cons.
- Execution ability: Focus on delivering products in a timely manner with high quality. Familiarity with multiple software development practices and tools, and the proven ability to adapt, champion and institute good practices and tools.
- You must have a degree in Computer Science or a related field. Strong understanding of object- oriented programming, concurrency and fundamentals of computer-science.
- Total of 9+ years’ experience building cutting edge products. Deep experience in building very large scale applications and 2 + years’ experience in team management.
- Strong problem solving skills, data structures and algorithms.