Myntra’s Engineering team builds the technology platform that empowers our customers’ shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our customers’ doorsteps. We work on areas such as building massive-scale web-applications, engaging user-interfaces, big-data analytics, mobile apps, workflow systems, inventory-management etc. We are a small technology team where each individual makes a huge impact. You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive ecommerce platform.
You will be a part of: Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Myntra-Jabong Supply Chain Management systems form the backbone of our core business and customer experience. Any business runs on a simple construct of Demand (Consumer) and Supply (Producer). However, a set of complex and intricate methods, processes and systems connect the demand with supply in a deterministic and predictable way. These methods, processes and systems collectively form the Supply Chain for the business.
The multi-billion-dollar Myntra-Jabong business fundamentally rests on a set of highly scalable, robust and intelligent Supply Chain Management systems that solve real world problems of predicting the demand from millions of our customers, for a combination of millions of products from our product catalog, and intelligently connecting that demand to thousands of national and international sellers or suppliers using a set of advanced homegrown tech products that we build and manage.
The SCM engineering at Myntra-Jabong operates within two distinct verticals: Supply-chain Outbound (Fulfilment systems) & Supply-chain Inbound (Selection systems, Partner experience).
- Technical Guidance: You will provide technical leadership to a team of excellent software engineers; this requires that you have the technical depth to make complex design decisions and the hands-on ability to lead by example.
- Execution and Delivery: You will be expected to instill and follow good software development practices and ensure timely delivery of high-quality products. You should be familiar with agile practices as well as be able to adapt these to the needs of the business, with a constant focus on product quality.
- Team management : You will be responsible for hiring and mentoring your team; helping individuals grow in their careers, having constant dialogue about their aspirations and sharing prompt, clear and actionable feedback about performance.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Technical depth: You have the strong technical competence required to gain credibility. Ability to architect, design and code yourself. Technical experience in building and operating web-based applications. Deep understanding of all layers of the web-stack work (from the client interface to the database.) Knowledge of multiple technology stacks/languages/tools and their pros/cons.
- Execution ability: Focus on delivering products in a timely manner with high quality. Familiarity with multiple software development practices and tools, and the proven ability to adapt, champion and institute good practices and tools.
- You must have a degree in Computer Science or a related field. Strong understanding of object- oriented programming, concurrency and fundamentals of computer-science.
- Total of 7+ years’ experience building cutting edge products. Deep experience in building very large scale applications and 2 + years’ experience in team management
- Strong problem solving skills, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with distributed systems handling large amounts of data.
- Excellent coding skills in Java/J2EE.
- Very good understanding of Web Technologies
- Good understanding and experience with using open source technologies and building complex products. Handling large data (batch and real-time), workflows and scheduling, building pluggable frameworks and systems, strong abstraction and architecture skills.
- Experience using traditional RDBMS, NOSQL DBs (Cassandra, Mongo DB, Aerospike etc.), caches (redis, memcache), messaging frameworks (Rabbit MQ, Kafka).
- Experience in big data processing (storm, spark, map-reduce) is a plus.