Senior Software Engineer (sys ops)
Myntra’s Engineering team builds the technology platform that empowers our customers’ shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our customers’ doorsteps. We work on areas such as building massive-scale web-applications, engaging user-interfaces, big-data analytics, mobile apps, workflow systems, inventory-management etc. We are a small technology team where each individual makes a huge impact. You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive ecommerce platform.
You will be part of: Sys Ops
Make Myntra.com services fast and reliable for millions of users. This team known as Site Operations and Reliability Engineering, combines software development, networking and systems engineering expertise to build and run large scale, distributed, fault-tolerant software systems and infrastructure. The team is responsible for scaling software and systems and ensuring their reliability and uptime. We hire engineers who are driven by solving scale and complexity challenges.Architects at Myntra are responsible for driving Technology & Best Practices in Engineering. We are a rapidly growing & constantly improving organization.As the Principal Architect, you will be the primary driver of performance and reliability from software and infrastructure at massive scale. You will work with engineering and other operations team at Myntra and act as an expert and advocate to fellow engineers on making design and reliability trade-offs in running large- scale services and engineering complex systems that fail gracefully and transparently to users. You will be the authority on systems deployment infrastructure, system operations, and system monitoring.
- Design, build and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure and tools for Enterprise deployments & Design and develop the test automation to validate the builds in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Write maintainable/scalable/efficient code.
- Work in cross-functional team, collaborating with peers during entire SDLC.
- Follow coding standards, unit-testing, code reviews etc.
- Follow release cycles and commitment to deadlines.
- Must have 3-6 years related experience in DevOps engineering activities
- Programming languages and frameworks : Python ,Golang, Shell & Perl ( expert in at least one)
- Config management tools : Chef, Ansible, Puppet, SALT ( Should have implemented in his previous job)
- Monitoring and metrics collection : Icinga2, Sensu, Graphite, Grafana, statds & Nagios (expert in at least one)
- Operating systems and Virtualization platforms : Linux, AWS, Openstack-
- Audit exposure (like SOX, ITGC, PCI) is preferred
- Others : Rundeck, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Database - Mysql & Cassandra Load Balancers & webservers- Haproxy, Nginx, tomcat & Apache.
- Internet Technologies- Familiarity with CDN ( Akamai/Cloudinary )