Senior Software Engineer : Backend _Analytics
Myntra’s Engineering team builds the technology platform that empowers our customers shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our customers doorsteps. We work on areas such as building massive-scale web-applications, engaging user-interfaces, big-data analytics, mobile apps, workflow systems, inventory-management etc. We are a small technology team where each individual has a huge impact. You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive eCommerce platform.
You will be a part of: Analytics
Data is the lifeblood of e-commerce businesses and this is the team that manages all the company’s ata. The team has built a Big Data Platform to ingest data from a variety of data sources, standardize metrics and build data & analytics products . If you are interested in the fast growing field of big data and analytics, and want to work on big data engineering, building data visualization products and build
analytical models (Insights) to power business decisions, then this is the team for you. You will get to work on managing large data stores (both relational data-warehouses as well as non-relational stores like HDFS) and learn about how to build mammoth-scale event collection and processing systems. You will also learn a lot of the business, as this team is also responsible for calculating all the key business metrics for each team. The team uses Kafka, Spark, Scala, Java, RedShift, MemSQL, AeroSpike, Python, R, as well as web technologies (nodejs, react) for building data & analytics products.
Data Products enables the delivery of big data at scale as well as insights to business users and powers lots of decision making within Myntra. Team aims to build products that helps ease access to data & insights at Myntra. We have designed and developed many products from scratch that helps seamless access to data for all the business users. We have created even mobile app's and in-fact the first PWA in Myntra came from our team that enabled data access on the go for Myntra. In addition to delivering data at scale, team also works on insightful projects and algorithms like Anomaly Detection that helps discover anomalies in the business metrics, User Affinities that helps personalize communication to users, etc. To make the data exploration more fun and interactive, we have developed an in-house bot also. You'll be working in a team that has correct mix of Product Engineering along with Data Analytics at Myntra.
Some of the technologies that we work on are Java, Python, Spring-Boot, REST API's, Redshift, Exasol, MySQL, Redis, MemSQL, NodeJS, ReactJS, HTML5, Redux, Stanford-NLP, D3, S3, Blob Store, etc.
- Write maintainable/scalable/efficient code.
- Design and architect technical solutions for the business problems of a very large e-commerce portal.
- Work in a cross-functional team, collaborating with peers during entire SDLC.
- Follow coding standards, unit-testing, code reviews etc.
- Follow release cycles and commitment to deadlines.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience level of 3 to 5 years of experience in very large scale applications.
- Strong problem solving skills, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with distributed systems handling large amounts of data.
- Excellent coding skills in Java/J2EE.
- Very good understanding of Web Technologies.
- Very good understanding of any RDBMS and/or messaging.
- B Tech/BE in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputed college.