Designation: Senior Engineering Manager
Experience required: 10- 12 years
Location : Malad (Mumbai) Domain: Ecommerce
Myntra is a one stop shop for all your fashion and lifestyle needs. Being India's largest online store for fashion and lifestyle products, Myntra aims at providing a hassle free and enjoyable shopping experience to shoppers across the country with the widest range of brands and products on offer. The brand is making a conscious effort to bring the power of fashion to shoppers with an array of the latest and trendiest products available in the country
Myntra’s Engineering team builds the technology platform that powers our customer’s shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our customer’s doorsteps. We work on areas such as building massive-scale mobile and web-applications, engaging user-interfaces, big-data analytics, mobile apps, content systems, catalog systems, search systems, supply chain systems, imaging and visualization systems for products etc. We are a small technology team where each
individual has a huge impact. You will work closely with the business in shaping our product and serve hundreds of millions of Indians! You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive ecommerce platform.
- Technical Guidance: You will provide technical leadership to a team of excellent software engineers; this requires that you have the technical depth to make complex design decisions and the hands-on ability to lead by example
- Execution and Delivery: You will be expected to instill and follow good software development practices and ensure timely delivery of high-quality products. You should be familiar with agile practices as well as be able to adapt these to the needs of the business, with a constant focus on product quality
- Team management : You will be responsible for hiring and mentoring your team; helping individuals grow in their careers, having constant dialogue about their aspirations and sharing prompt, clear and actionable feedback about performance
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Total of 5+ years’ experience building cutting edge products. Deep experience in building very large scale applications and 1+ years’ experience in team management
- Strong problem solving skills, data structures and algorithms
- Experience with distributed systems handling large amount of data
- Experience in very large scale
- Strong problem solving skills, data structures and
- Experience with distributed systems handling large amounts of
- Excellent coding skills in Java/J2EE.
- Very good understanding of Web
- Excellent coding skills in NODE JS & PHP (Laravel)
- Very good understanding of Web Technologies
- Good understanding and experience with using open source technologies and building complex products
- Handling large data (batch and real-time), workflows and scheduling, building pluggable frameworks and systems, strong abstraction and architecture skills
- Experience using traditional RDBMS, NOSQL DBs (Cassandra, Mongo DB, Aerospike etc.), caches
- (redis, memcache), messaging frameworks (Rabbit MQ, AWS SQS)
B Tech/BE in Computer Science or equivalent or higher from a reputed institution.
- Technical depth
You have the strong technical competence required to gain credibility. Ability to architect, design and code yourself. Technical experience in building and operating web-based applications.
Deep understanding of all layers of the web-stack work (from the client interface to the database.) Knowledge of multiple technology stacks/languages/tools and their pros/cons
- Execution ability
Focus on delivering products in a timely manner with high quality. Familiarity with multiple software development practices and tools, and the proven ability to adapt, champion and institute good practices and tools
- You must have a degree in Computer Science or related Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, concurrency and fundamentals of computer-science
Being a relatively small sized Engineering team, individuals carry a lot of responsibility on their shoulders.Coming up with the designs of features, evaluating external libraries and frameworks, enhancing existing platform infrastructure, reviewing major architectural decisions, planning and executing deployments with minimal system downtimes is part of the everyday job. For an individual with a hunger to solve problems and who thrives on challenges, passionate about leading teams, the opportunities @Myntra are practically limitless.
You’ll be a part of the team who’s passionate about scaling & delivering omnichannel initiatives @Myntra. The primary products that you’ll be working on will be Myntra’s entire Omnichannel Suite. This consists of end-to-end integrations with seller systems, omni order management system & in-store assistance initiatives