Role & Responsibilities:
- Executes seasonal and short-term sourcing plans, utilizing knowledge of apparel sourcing to meet line financial, customer service, quality, aesthetic, safety and terms-of-engagement requirements.
- Must communicate capacity and price requirements to meet line margin and delivery requirements.
- Must be able to provide alternatives to merchandising/design teammates to meet commercial requirements at the most competitive cost. Identify and enable opportunities to leverage library of components, fits, and sources.
- Would be involved in product execution from sketch to delivery, including fabrication alternatives, garment engineering, sample management.
- Develops, manages and coaches a high-performing vendor team, ensuring current and future business needs are met.
- “Go To Market” Accountability: Responsible for accurately tracking adoption rates, delivery of proto/shoot/catalogue/PP samples to meet required targets. Is accountable for driving team to meet GTM deadlines.Uses communication and negotiation skills to influence Design and buying/Merchandising partners to achieve GTM milestones.
- Analyse and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in Ethnic Category Preferred
- 10+ years of proven work experience in Sourcing – Product Development.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management and relevant category.
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement.
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships.
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data.
- Degree in garment textiles is good to have.