Job Description: Associate Architect - Data SRE
Myntra’s Engineering team builds the technology platform that empowers our customers’ shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our customers’ doorsteps. We work on areas such as building massive-scale web-applications, engaging user-interfaces, big-data analytics, mobile apps, workflow systems, inventory-management etc. We are a small technology team where each individual has a huge impact. You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive e-commerce platform.
You will be part of: SE&O
Data is the lifeblood of e-commerce businesses and you will be part of this team which is going to manage data and infrastructure. As a Data SRE Architect you will be working on in-house developed products, applications adopted from open sources. You will be responsible for managing large data stores (both relational, data-warehouses and non-relational stores like HDFS. You will be closely collaborating with various engineering teams and will work towards smoothening experience of working with big large data sets.
You will be responsible for defining, measuring, and tuning key performance indicators and metrics in order to ensure seamless experience. As a lead, you will also be responsible for defining the roadmap for the Data SRE team, building and mentoring junior team members.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Total of 10+ years’ experience, and at least 5 years of experience in setting up, managing, tuning for performance creating very large scale Big Data & Analytics platforms.
- 2+ years experience in Azure ecosystem, Exposure to SQL Server / Azure Data Warehouse, HD Insights, Blob; However, any other cloud experience is also fine.
- Experience with distributed systems in handling large amounts of data
- Good understanding or experience in some of the following open source technologies in Data & Analytics: MySQL, Pentaho stack, Apache Spark, Map/Reduce, Hive, Kafka, Pentaho & Amazon RedShift etc.
- Experience in design and Implementation or management of Data Analytics / Reports / ETL processes
- Experience in designing or managing robust and scalable relational data models for Applications requiring Intensive Data Processing and Management
- Understanding or experience of the design, development and tuning of a Bid Data and streaming platform.
- Performance enhancement of applications by identifying and addressing architectural issues / system bottlenecks
- Experience in defining key performance indicators and integrating them with monitoring system for faster detection and correction in data pipelines
- Hands on experience in developing software and tools in the required domain, and we are agnostic to programming language. We usually use Python, Go, Java for our internal development.