Job Description - Associate Director - Finance Engineering
Myntra’s Engineering team builds the technology platform that empowers our customers’ shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our customers’ doorsteps. We work on areas such as building massive-scale web-applications, engaging user-interfaces, big-data analytics, mobile apps, workflow systems, inventory-management etc. We are a small technology team where each individual has a huge impact. You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive ecommerce platform.
You will be part of: Finance Engineering
Myntra's Finance engineering aims to be highly scalable and processes millions of transactions every day. Over the last one year, we are on a journey to bring technology to each and every finance function and enable us to provide streamlined processes geared towards our future growth. With a robust transaction management and reporting platform we aim to further build systems to manage end to end life cycle for inventory and finance transactions on our platform. We use the best-of-breed open source components as starting points to build out these capabilities. The team has built a strong ingestion platform and reporting infrastructure to ensure consistent and trackable means to manage all financial transactions right from procuring an item to its eventual delivery .
If you are interested in leading a high performance team to partnering with Product and Finance functions to lead the vision for end to end fin-tech requirements for Myntra, then this is the team for you.
- Technical Guidance : This role will play the overall engineering lead role for Finance Engineering for Myntra. You will provide technical leadership to a team of excellent software engineers; this requires that you have the technical depth to make complex design decisions and the hands-on ability to lead by example.
- Execution and Delivery : You will be expected to instill and follow good software development practices and ensure timely delivery of high-quality products. You should be familiar with agile practices as well as be able to adapt these to the needs of the business, with a constant focus on product quality.
- Team management : You will be responsible for hiring and mentoring your team; helping individuals grow in their careers, having constant dialogue about their aspirations and sharing prompt, clear and actionable feedback about performance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Total of 10+ years’ experience, Experience level of 4+ years of experience in very large scale service oriented architecture of micro services architecture and 3 + years’ experience in people management
- Deep understanding of Architecture and Design of Data Engineering products
- Strong problem solving skills, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with distributed systems handling large amounts of data.
- Excellent skills in collaborating with business users and designing Data Engineering platforms and Data Delivery platforms
- Ability to streamline engineering disciplines for the team around rapid development cycles, product-ized data & analytics solutions, source control, data security, automated testing, automated monitoring for system health and performance, alerting for system / job failures
- Very good understanding of Open Source technologies in Data & Analytics: MySQL, Pentaho stack, Spark, Kafka, Map/Reduce, Hive & Amazon RedShift
- Knowledge of building and production-izing data science application would be preferred
- Good understanding of Java/web application architecture would be a plus
- Technical depth : You have the strong technical competence required to gain credibility. Ability to architect, design and code yourself. Technical experience in building and operating web-based applications. Deep understanding of all layers of the web-stack work (from the client interface to the database. ) Knowledge of multiple technology stacks/languages/tools and their pros/cons.
- Execution ability : Focus on delivering products in a timely manner with high quality. Familiarity with multiple software development practices and tools, and the proven ability to adapt, champion and institute good practices and tools.
- You must have a degree in Computer Science or a related field. Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, concurrency and fundamentals of computer-science.